4.06.2014

snapshots of life, volume VI

been a while since I've done one of these! here's what else I've been up to lately:
UntitledUntitled
- (left) if you look closely you can spot a little tiny me, I made it onto our company ad in the Nashville Scene! it's getting to the point where I can barely leave the house anymore. (thanks Megan!)

- (right) Christine, my "work mom" had a birthday this past week! how thankful I am to have her at my job everyday! Mallory, Christine, and I went to ice cream at Jeni's at lunch. little outings like this make a week a bit more special. I had Savannah Buttermint & Dark Chocolate for lunch that day.
UntitledUntitled
- Saturday in Pensacola after a post-race lunch & nap, I took a walk around the neighborhood that pretty much brought me back to life. check out the cutest mailboxes, in the perfect afternoon sun. just a really nice moment.

- for my third lunch bunch I switched back to Indian food and with (theeee integral) help of my mom, fried my own papadum, made raita, and beef (and tofu) biriyani. topped if off with some Bollywood tunes and another "India" t-shirt. success!
UntitledUntitled
- virgin hairs be gone! I got some "natural highlight-enhancing" highlights in my hair, thanks to the best hair (and otherwise) lady in the land, Olive. it's pretty subtle, but I'm enjoying it. 

- forever loving sending & receiving mail. these cards are for Tuppy post-show, my mom post-visit, and Steph for her birthday. I got some new supplies so I was excited to try them out: letter stamps, bakers string, and stickers. my cards are nothing special but I still love making them!
UntitledUntitled
- my job is the best. we played another tech company in a ping-pong tournament. there I am, REPPIN' the LADIESSS as the only girl in the whole tournament (I was SO nervous!) we also got embroidered sweatbands. it was the best day.

- Hunter and I have implemented (though not necessarily followed) an "each in charge of two meals a week" policy. this was his one mega meal a few weeks ago. he grilled STEAK. oh you fancy huh.
UntitledUntitled
- one last memory from CA, on Angel Island. we got up from our restful bench to find my mom standing exactly like this, no jokes. she had found a big impressive stick. that lady cracks me up. 

- roomie times are far & few between now that we are both working roomies! amanda & I met up to visit the new Jamba Juice in Nashville. fyi: they do accept orders from the "secret" menu. does that make me sound totally pretentious or just kinda? anyway love, love this girl.
UntitledUntitled
- first off, please ignore the crazy eyes. this was a recent Saturday where I re-applied lipstick for outfit photos, went on a looong run (with but not with Huntee) and we both agreed we deserved Sonic. we got slushes AND corn dogs and it was perfectionnn.

- aww shoot you can't really read this in this small picture. it's on my monitor at work and says "you have the same amount of hours in the day as Beyonce." a good little reminder. also, a good little mistake whenever someone gives me a task with the label-maker.
UntitledUntitled
all pics via my iPhone, sorry they are a bit blury!

- finally went to the Bluebird cafe to see Shel's mega-talented dad perform with some buddies! it was as magical as advertised. we are spoiled in Music City with amazing live music that's constant!

- (most) sibs & I started "#workpicwednesday" which is consistently one of my favorite parts of the week. just a tiny little check-in with some of my favorite people in the world. 

and there you have it friends! lovely little moments lately not to be forgotten. i'm off to a) listen to hip-hop with Shel at the kitchen table b) put away all my clean laundry from last weekend, c) start a new book, d) enjoy the tiny last bit of the weekend. laters! 


 more snapshots here 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1
SHARE:

6 comments

Larissa said...

I love your life-lately-overviews! This one is once again so nice and fun! Congrats on being a Nashville-celebrety ;-) I actually always think that I want to make those kinds of overviews but then I always forget to take pictures. I try at least to write everything down in my agenda so that I am later able to rember my super nice youth ;)
Whats the new book you started???
Thanks for your comment :)
xx

Priya said...

thank you Larissa!
these pictures are all from my phone, so it was actually hard to get down to this few :)

Priya said...

new book: "The Husband's Secret" recommended by my roommate and her mom!

Ash @ The Nashvillian said...

Tell me more about this secret menu at Jamba Juice. I'm dying to know.

Andrea Fer said...

Can I just say that I am CRACKING UP at everything about this post--the pictures, the company ad where you can barely leave the house...baaahaaajjajjaa GREATNESS. I'm a fan.

Andrea Fer, Not Quite Grown Up Guide

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

This is adorable. It sounds like you've been quite the busy girl lately! I'm jealous you have so much fun at your work. But at the same time, super happy for you :)

Blogger Template by pipdig