a young girl documents her 23rd year of life with prolific selfies (warning: self-indulgent post ahead!)
If I'm being totally honest here, though I would say I mostly enjoy being the center of attention (not all the time, mind you, but probably a good 70% of it), I generally don't like my actual birth day. To be completely transparent- it's always disappointing. You look forward to this day all year, you expect it to be totally different than any other day, you expect to feel different- when in reality, it's just another day. And you're a year older, which doesn't feel different.
That's embarrassing to share because what I don't mean is "my life sucks, nobody thinks I'm special"; I love the people I'm surrounded by, and any kind of adventure- but I enjoy it all a lot more without the pressure of it being my birthday. Just to clarify. All that to say- when I'm old and rich, I'm throwing a rager- I'm thinking like, destination birthday party or renting out Carnegie Hall or something- I will be lowered onto a stage in a giant cake- and you're all invited!
In the spirit of indulgent self-reflection, I was thinking the other day about words I would use and words I wouldn't use to describe myself. I realize this is a little self-involved, but it's my blog, whatever, and also- on what better day would this be more appropriate? Let me tell you about myself!
- creative- the most accurate way I can define this is: I love making any kind of stuff up. And design/colors.
- friendly- I wouldn't always say "outgoing", but always "compassionate." I love making/having/being friends.
- organized- to a fault. About everything. I clean my room once a day. I keep even my brain organized by journaling.
- enthusiastic- not all the time, but I live at a general level of excitement and frequently can't sleep because of it.
- dramatic- thought it was a joke/coping mechanism at first; but I enjoy flowery language and mannerisms on the reg.
- passionate- about nearly everything. See also "fan girl" & "obesessive." I think I have an obsessive personality.
- loyal- honestly I think this goes with "obsessive", it's like if I choose to be friends with you I can't not do it.
- artistic- minus nail painting and blogging (?) I have NONE of those enviable classical skills: music, drawing, etc.
- patient- when you play that game that's like "What's your biggest flaw?" This is mine. I am not endorsing this!
- punctual- also, this is really silly. Once I'm 24, I hope that I can just be on time to places, dang it!
- disciplined- hmph this is like a shame parade, but true, I have a hard time with things like "don't eat an entire cake!"
- efficient- just ask Hunter about this, ha! I realize it takes me a long time to do most things and go anywhere.
- objective- so this means based on facts and not feelings. But everything I do is based on feelings so...
- calm- how do I say- "I feel like I have little control over my emotions or attitude" without sounding insane?!
I would love to hear your answers as well; I think it's fascinating!
What is one word you would and one word you wouldn't use to describe yourself?
And despite my lil rant above- I actually am excited about this day. I'm spending it doing things I like, and maybe wouldn't do on an ordinary Friday. It's pretty chill and feels very 24. #adulthood, I suppose (even though my real birthday wish-list includes an Easy Bake Oven AND a new tire + hubcap.) OH- and it's National Donut Day which is providential, friends!
Happy it's-my-birthday everyone!!