9.09.2014

Weekend Update: Live on the Green, etc.

As much as I don't want to say it: this morning, it was 68 degrees and super foggy outside! That's not exactly Summer weather. And I'm just going to leave it at that. Is it possible that the sigh of relief of Autumn might be close by?
 photo WE1_zpsc52cdd43.jpg
 photo 77EA8F43-B107-40BF-A47F-ED80A376D740_zpsdp40vtnr.jpg
 photo WE2_zps2e29674e.jpg
Notable captions: We had a surprise brunch for Kelley on Friday (top left), how close were were to Ingrid (top right), perfect Nashville night in the middle, Amanda & I in front of LP (bottom left), make-up palooza and Kelley's birthday cupcake (bottom right)

I had a stellar weekend. Friday night I fell asleep on the couch at 11pm watching Breaking Bad.

Swan-dived into bed and slept in on Saturday. Met up with my sweet Roomie, Amanda, had a little wedding meeting (relax, hers not mine), where she very casually tried on some dresses. I also printed out a copy of Martha Stewart's Wedding Timeline & Handbook for her to ease some of the initial planning jitters she's having. And I have to say, while so far I am loving getting to think about her wedding, I have some ulterior motives of thinking about my own, IF AND WHEN that should happen.

We ended up getting to hang out all day which was so wonderful and needed. We hardly see each other anymore, when we used to be together on and off all day, everyday. I miss doing crazy fun things with her, but also really normal stuff (talking to her while she's getting ready.)

Saturday was the final installment of Nashville's premiere free music festival, Live on the Green. My pal Trace hooked it up with some backstage/VIP tickets, the likes of which I have never had for a show, ever. We watched Ingrid Michaelson (who I've always loved, but it heightened after her a.maz.ing. performance at the Ryman in May) and LP back to back from the side/very front of the stage, eating free food and drinking free drinks the whole time! I mean, that's the way to do it. I almost won't ever go back unless I have tickets like that again ;)

I felt so, so happy to be living in Nashville on Saturday. The whole city was out, the sunset and therefore lighting and temperature was just gorgeous, and I was with one of my very best friends since moving to Nashville. Not to mention, Live on the Green has established itself into a pretty stinkin' cool event, the past five years that I've been here.

If you haven't listened to LP yet- my goodness- GO. She is an incredible performer, and the kind of person I think I would love to be best friends with. And the VOICE. I rarely talk about music around here because I really love most of it, and could go on forever; but I've had her album on repeat for the past few days (and I've been waking up with lyrics in my head. So weird. "I've been a little less lonely by the way // something in the air intoxicates // in your town.")

Tracks to listen to: Your Town. Night Like This. Toyko Sunrise. Heavenly Light.

Also if you're not an Ingrid Michaelson fan, you should be. The new album is fantastic, and she's one of the best live performers I've ever seen. And special shout-out to her for not canceling her show in Nashville even though her mother just passed away.

Then Sunday, I went to church, and after headed to a coffee shop and blogged (I miss doing that! That was my jam when I was unemployed.) I spent most of the day doing hair & make-up with my work friends. My girl Kelley has a knack for that kinda stuff, among other things, and is hoping to up her freelance game with a website. Oh, plus it was her birthday. So we celebrated her and let her do what she loves and is good at. Cupcakes and champagne were also involved. Stay tuned because I took pictures of all the gorgeous ladies, so maybe I can share them here, if you like?

Then I finished my Sunday babysitting a melodramatic but also adorable three year old. And that is my idea of a great day. Busy from head to toe, but like, I'm drinking tea and blogging busy, know what I mean?

Once again, I think a weekend well spent brings a week of content. It's Tuesday, but I've already paid two tickets and gotten severely bitten by mosquitoes THROUGH my clothes so...things can only get better! I'm being dramatic. So far, this week's been great.

Last thing- I finished All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner, a fascinating look into prescription drug additction; and started If Only, Geri "Ginger Spice" Halliwell's autobiography. To be honest I checked it out as a bit of a gag, but it is SO dang interesting and now I have Spice Girls totally on the brain. Viva Forever!
SHARE:

6 comments

Chelsey Patti said...

Sounds like a great weekend! We were at LOTG on Thursday for Cage the Elephant! T'was fun!
-Chelsey
-http://instagram.com/patticakeblog

Ash @ The Nashvillian said...

I will forgive you for never having been to the zoo if you will forgive me for never having been to Live On The Green. That is definitely a crime (and I work in the music industry, so that makes it like a felony level crime or something, haha). It sounds like you had an incredible time!

Priya said...

Deal! I haven't been every year, actually, but this year they kicked it up a notch and even had the last weekend go Thurs-Fri-Sat which was like a real music festival. I am so curious, seems like you have so many awesome opportunities with your job, what do you do?

Andrea Fer said...

You're hysterical I was laughing out loud when I was reading this, Ingrid is the (wo)man. I love it!!

Priya said...

Oh really- well thank you!!

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

It sounds like you a crazy exciting weekend!! I have only ever been to a Taylor Swift concert which was at the Staples Center in LA so I'm sure an outdoor concert would be even better! A hair and makeup party sounds awesome! I really need to get my hair cut and styled somehow. It's driving me nuts in this insane heat!

How on earth do you get bitten through your clothes?? That just sounds terrible!

Blogger Template by pipdig