3.13.2017

Culottes, Take 2

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
| earrings: Nashville Flea Market | sunnies: secondhand Banana Republic {similar} | lipstick: Urban Decay Vice in Temper | blouse: Forever21 via Carina {similar} | culottes: Old Navy {similar} |
 | wedges: secondhand via Carina {similar} |

Was my first attempt at styling these culottes a success? I'll let you be the judge of that. To be clear, I knew they would look the best with bare legs, but I had to make it work so I could wear them in the Winter, I was too excited to wait! 

While I knew my first styling attempt would be a stretch, this felt right just as soon as I put it on. It actually worked out quite well in the middle of an insane morning (like, this was my third attempt at getting dressed and I needed something NOW.) 

In fact, throughout the day, this became one of my new favorite outfits! The white top with these culottes will be the color combo to beat, it's just so crisp! I also loved the pop of red, and how well even the style of these shoes complimented the overall vibe. I used to wear my hair like this a lot when I ran/played soccer, and turns out it works just as well for when you really needed to wash your hair but you...didn't. Which happens to me weekly!

We are absolutely in the throes of Spring in Nashville! When I wore this outfit to work last week, the high was 75. And over the course of less than a week, we had a couple inches of snow on Saturday morning (so magical- but melted by like 10am) and it is forecasted to be 23 when I wake up tomorrow! Talk about running the gamut. Definitely a chance for some last minute Winter styles before the weather warms up for good.
UntitledUntitled
Did you guys have a good weekend? I kicked mine off with a run on my favorite greenway, straight from the office on Friday afternoon. As I was finishing up, I actually gasped because the sunset was so incredible. When I got up the hill to where my car was parked, the sky literally looked purple (tried to capture it with my phone, right as it died.) I don’t *actually* believe in signs, but it can’t be a bad thing if the sky is lit up in my favorite color to start the weekend. Like I said, “Purple sky at night, Priya’s ultimate weekend ahead, I think that’s how the saying goes.”

It was a great weekend: I saw a Beatle’s cover band on Friday night (I love the Beatles anyway but was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the show), was basically worthless on Saturday, read Gillian Flynn’s latest short story The Grownup, talked to my mom, did a literal mountain on laundry, met up with an old friend that was in town, and got to hang with some of my favorite babes, L & MC. We’ve been friends since they were literally babies, but things are getting serious, they wanted to see pictures and learn the names of every member of my family. 

Hope your weekend was a good one and that this week has been lucky so far, it does culminate in St. Patrick’s Day on Friday, after all!

shop the look below! 

thanks to sweet baby T for taking these pics for me! 
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig