9.07.2016

Head to Toe Remix #6: LWD

Head-to-toe-remix-dresses-2
graphic by David Saunders
KQ2A0859
KQ2A0868
KQ2A0864
KQ2A0872
KQ2A0876
| lip: The Beauty Crop PBJ Smooth Stick | necklace: gift (31 Bits) | cardi: Gap (similar) | dress: gift (ASOS) (similar) |      | clogs: Swedish Hasbeens (same in red / similar) | purse: from Jenae! | 


Well, I can’t believe we’re already here! Both at the end of the Summer and the end of our #HeadtoToeRemix

Six weeks ago, Elana & I set out to remix six pieces in our closet, from head to toe, in an effort to shop our closets, instead of the alternative (you know, real shopping.) We’ve styled accessories, outerwear, tops, bottoms, shoes, {click through for the full posts!} and finally today: dresses! 

I have to say, I chose this white dress knowing I could look no further than Room 334 for a bunch of styling ideas! Elana is a self-proclaimed white dress lover and Priya-proclaimed LWD evangelist (LWD, you know, the cool Summer sister of the LBD.) When I was looking through Elana’s blog for ideas for styling this dress, I really liked…all of them, so I basically combined them into what you see here! A neutral cardigan from this outfit, clogs a la this look, red necklace c/o this combo, and sunglasses and lip color that are included in more of her outfit posts than not! 

I got this dress as a birthday present from my friend Katie last Summer, and wore it just as many times as I could (on the 4th of July, and even into the Fall!) I think I’ve worn it just once this Summer, so it definitely needed another rendezvous before the season was over (and in case you’re wondering, I did technically wear this before Labor Day.) This outfit is a great reminder to me that really simple looks are a-ok, both stylistically and comfortably! I wore this all day, from work to dinner and drinks and Trivial Pursuit, and felt great! It was the perfect outfit for a really lovely late Summer’s evening. 
gray-cardigan-tj-maxx-black-dress
And I love that conversely, Elana is styling an LBD! Black dresses are one of those things that can almost be an overwhelming blank canvas, but I think Elana nailed it with the accessories (she is the queen of sunglasses, seriously!) She should definitely hang on to this floaty chiffon number. You can see her entire post right here!

I’ve been so pleased with the result of this remix challenge. Besides taking the chance to look at and style neglected items in my closet a new way, I also spent the entire month of August without buying anything! Plus it’s just been fun to be in regular contact and blogging alongside Elana. Thanks Elana for collaborating with me!

And thanks to all of you for following along with the #HeadtoToeRemix

What was your favorite look of the series? Do you have a tip to share for shopping your closet? Let me know!
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig