9.30.2016

Current State of the Union 9.30.16

ICYMI: I have (& adore!) the Paper Source Foil Letterpress Desk Calendar <-- 2017

Currently / life:
+ Kinda just can't believe we're at the end of another month! September whizzed by, probably because I've spent most of the month looking forward to TODAY- after work, a European adventure awaits!
+ Things have been mostly chill, but not without some excitement: Carina took me to NYC for my birthday, and around here, I wrapped up the Head to Toe Remix Series with Elana, and started a new series that I've had a blast writing: Bridesmaid 101 (Now What? / The Bachelorette Party.) The very end of this month has marked the kick-off to Fall fashion, I just debuted what I think will be my shoe of the season! Up until now, it's been balmy, and I've shared a casual office outfit, my new Topshop shorts, and a Marimekko skirt I got via Poshmark swap!
+ Notably, in an attempt to eat healthier and generally be more disciplined, I did somewhat of a cleanse the first half of this month (half:30, if you will.) It didn't last long :) but there was a good couple weeks where I was really thinking about what (and how much) I was eating. It was great. A few examples of my healthy eating project, with help from a way better cook than me!
Septcleanse
Currently / pop culture: 
+ I kicked off the month at Nashville's free concert series, Live on the Green, where I saw a couple long-time favorites: Band of Horses and Young the Giant (they've released a new album, Home of the Strange.) Also enjoyed BØRNS who is -surprise- not a dreamy British rockstar, he's from Michigan.
+ I've spent more of my time lately enjoying Spotify's custom playlists, favorites include: the weekly changing #ThrowbackThursday, Evening Chill for my blogging nights, and Indie Pop for every other time.
+ I've only been watching random TV like Vice-Principals (Danny McBride) and Spy (ft. girl crush Rose Byrne.) 

*psst- what do Celine Dion, The Beach Boys, and Ariana Grande have in common? They're all in my recently played artists on Spotify! Listen to what I'm listening to!*
shoppingSept.
Currently / shopping: armed with my Fall wishlist, I shopped (& swapped!) a lot this month. Here's a sampling.
+ Drawstring pants are the future, and I bought two (!) pairs this month! This black pair is from Old Navy, and I will be wearing them for the next week straight, also picked up a striped pair from H&M that I'm obsessed with.
+ This marled gray H&M sweater is simple, but I think it'll become a staple! It's in my packing capsule as well.
+ I've mentioned my Zara pointed loafers as MY shoe for the season, but the lace-up flat is definitely THE shoe of the season. I ordered this pair from Target, and they should arrive tomorrow!
+ I picked up these gorgeous brocade shorts at Topshop in NYC & am dreaming about wearing them again in Paris.
+ I had some fantastic luck swapping for items on Poshmark this month. Most notably, these J.Crew Factory Frankie pants to replace my ill-fitting olive pants that I wear frequently, anyway! These are SO comfy and fit me perfectly!

Currently / Nashville: as is tradition, I'm sharing one new-to-me spot and one classic
+ Lockeland Table has one of the best Happy Hours in town, and certainly in my neighborhood. Their HH deals include a full specialty cocktail menu (the house punch right now is a Fall delight) and a $6 pizza made in their very own brick oven. Such a great local spot!
+ It took me years before I made it to Hattie B's (I just assumed I wasn't into hot chicken!), so I won't hold it against you if you haven't been yet. This is a place I always recommend to visitors, hot chicken being the one dish that is distinctly "Nashville." And oh it does not disappoint. I stick to the "hot" and like to dip it in their ranch and pimento mac & cheese. Pro tip: call in advance to order, and skip the line!
Untitled
Currently / beauty: I'll keep this short, since I just did a beauty post on my daily make-up routine.
+ My boss/work biffy Christine recently bequeathed to me the contents of a thorough cosmetics clean-up, so I got a nice batch of new lip products. My favorite so far is this lipstick by Wet n Wild in Purty Persimmon
+ I'm so alien to hair products that after using this serum & noticing a difference in my hair texture, I had to stop and think about what I'd done! I got this via ipsy, and ran a dollop through my hair right out of the shower. Easy!
+ Though I tried on and contemplated a very vampy dark (MAC Smoked Purple) while in NYC, I opted for an old favorite that I had lost instead: Venom by Urban Decay. Boy oh boy I love this lipstick and shade.

*I get my best beauty finds via ipsy & BirchboxSubscribe for $10/month, learn more here.*

Currently / on the nightstand: technically, East of Eden is still on my nightstand... 
+ I just finished One Day (given to me by Carina.) The concept is so neat- the story of two people told across twenty years, each chapter checking in with them on the same day of the year. It was recently made into a movie starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess. Recommend!
+ I'm excited to have some time to READ during my upcoming travels! I've checked out and downloaded several books onto my Kindle: The Namesake, The Secret History, China Dolls, Wild, Along the Infinite Sea, A Spool of Blue Thread, and The Swans of Fifth Avenue. Read any of those? Tell me which one to start first!
Untitled
Share the latest goodies in your life with me, below! View all my Current States right here

Ok, I'm off! Hoping to have a couple posts go up next week (we'll see if those come together in time...) either way, in the meantime, keep up with my adventures on Instagram and Twitter (personal/blog.) See ya on the internet!
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig