5.06.2016

Acceptance

Untitled


Lately I've been unable to shake the feeling that I'm in an interim period of life. Like this is temporary. Like I'm waiting for something. Like I just want to feel ok again (thanks T. Swift), and be enjoying the "new normal" of life. Not the most enjoyable place to be in!

I think this must be pretty normal when a drastic change happens in life. It's funny to me that so quickly, we get bored when things get too routine & mundane (or maybe it's just me!); but as soon as things get turned upside down, we long for that normalcy again.

I'm learning that feeling every feeling of this season is ok. And while this season IS temporary, I want to remember that it's not an interim period. There are no interim periods in life. That IS life.

I came across ^ this quote in a gift shop recently, when my friend Jacqui visited town, and it just struck me. I often feel inundated with the "carpe diem" sentiment (because I usually function best when I live in a balance of "go for it- life is short" and "you have all the time to do everything you want") but the way this is written seemed to be just for me (I also feel this way about Sorry- Beyoncé, btw.) I don't want to miss anything while I'm waiting for something else.

So- here's my thought and pledge for the weekend. This post is probably more about me writing this down, for me, (thanks for indulging!) but I hope that whatever you have going on this weekend, you're able to

kiss your life just as it is. 
SHARE:

3 comments

reshma said...

This is a great quote. I totally get where you are coming from. This quote is a great reminder though to be in the present and enjoy the "now".

alittlebitofgoldglitter said...

Love the quote - I saved it on my phone as a daily reminder. Your thoughts on there being no interim periods in life resonated with me - as hard as things can be at times, unfortunately, that's life, and I have to accept things as they are. I've always been someone who looks more towards the future, and living in the present is something I've been trying to do more, but I'm still struggling with letting go & appreciating life as it is! I hope that you were able to enjoy your weekend and "kiss your life just as it is" :)

Hannah said...

Oh, Priya. So applicable to my life as well. Love this post. Keep writing from the heart!
-Hannah

Blogger Template by pipdig