12.14.2015

Holiday Faves

IMG_9726
IMG_9724
IMG_9719
| lipstick: Liptini in Scarlet Cocktail | blouse: H&M | pants: Old Navy | flats: Old Navy |

Items I've been wearing once/week: this blouse. These pants. And I know I just featured the blouse in my recent packing post, which makes it seem even more like I haven't been wearing anything else...(somewhat accurate.)

In retrospect, I wish I would have worn a belt with this outfit, it looks a tad sloppy. Also, next time these pants are on the blog (I am SHOCKED they haven't been on here more), I'll be sure and get a close up of the fantastic festive brocade fabric.

With things as crazy as they are right now (for everyone!) I need a couple fail-proof pieces that will pull a look together- fast. If you're hustling to get dressed this week, in the middle of finishing up your Christmas shopping and not turning into a grinch; may I suggest some colored pants and a silky blouse? Bonus points if they are festive.

I've given myself a mini-challenge to help myself shop my closet and get dressed this week: holiday-inspo outfits all week long! I kicked it off today, peep this 'fit that I shared on Twitter.


Here's two pictures from the two holiday parties in my life this past weekend:  
Untitled
Untitled
Top photo: our office holiday party on Thursday night (I was on the committee!) Oh what fun, I'm kinda bummed it's already over. We went with a plaid/red/green/gold motif, and our venue was The Bell Tower. It is consistently one of the best nights of the year, and I'll share some more pics soon.

Bottom: Hunter & I hosted a holiday/house-warming party at his newish house on Saturday night! Here's the mantle, which I championed, and was so pleased with! I'm not super artsy crafty (like, at all) but I got several compliments on the decor, SO it was a big night for me. And a wonderful time to see all most of our friends in town on one night.


I hope y'all are managing to stay chill this week! Just like you (I'm sure) I've got a list a mile long of things to get done before Christmas, and especially before I leave for Finland next week. All while trying to maintain my one-word motto of joy this month! Good thing I love a challenge!
SHARE:

7 comments

Alissa said...

Ummmm....yes and more yes to emerald happening around here! I love that combination and also you look so cozy! I look dorky in flats so I am jealous of how cute you look. I hope you are having a great day!
The Adored Life

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

I love how you can totally pull up buttoning your shirt all the way! You look so cute!!
~Sara
Sincerely, Sara

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

your mantle is super cute.

http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

Kelsey Bang said...

those green pants are fantastic! you look so chic!


kelseybang.com

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

Those pants are totally festive!! Might as well wear them all month long! You did such a great job on the mantle! Looks super homey :)

Jessica @ Here&Now said...

I got a striped blouse like that & it is literally my favorite thing I own right now! Just so stinking chic without even trying ;)
xx
Here&Now

Kristian said...

This outfit is more bold in terms of pattern and color than I would ever think to pair together, but I really like it. It seems very modern and fun. A belt would be cute with it too. Happy Holidays!

Blogger Template by pipdig