| scarf: Old Navy | dress: Old Navy | belt: from this dress | socks: gift (Madewell) | clogs: Old Navy |
I'll do my best to keep this post from becoming a novel.
Notes on this outfit: A couple weeks ago, I wrote a post about how, ironically, I struggle to style the basic knit dresses I have in my closet. This is another one of those Old Navy gems that doesn't take much to be perfect. I think I've decided MY foolproof formula for a simple dress is a combination of all my favorite accessories.
I wore this outfit last week, but I'm also wearing this scarf today! I saw a co-worker of mine recently wearing a big scarf like this, "shawl style." Like carrying a throw blanket around in the office. I'm into it! We launched our holiday party at the office today, and we're going with a plaid motif- perfect!
I can't believe this is the first time I'm wearing my clogs with socks on the blog. Basically since Katie gifted me these last year, I've been pairing the two together. These socks + clogs just FEELS right! Also, what didn't make this post: the test photo of Hunter laughing at me, to my face, as he noticed I was wearing socks with clogs.
I've been alternating between dark red & dark purple nail polish for the last couple months. The polish I'm wearing above is the Pacifica "7 Free" Polish in Bianca. I think I got this in my first ipsy ever? Really great nail polish in the most perfect dark red. Highly recommend!
A few other blanket statements about my life right now:
- last week was THE CRAZIEST work week of my life, & I loved it! Still working my patootie off, that's why I've been AWOL.
- I don't even remember how to wear blanket scarves anymore.
- Our company holiday party is one month from TOMORROW.
- I was so so lazy this weekend after last week. I'm the kind of person who gets anxious relaxing, but it was good.
- I also got my first gel manicure and massage this weekend (thanks, Huntee! It was my birthday present.)
- If you need me tonight, I'll be cleaning my apartment.