Marin Headlands, March 2015
So it's the last day of the month, and totally, sweet, Springtime. I think I've said this a few times before; but since Spring has hit, things have felt much more bustle-y and hectic. I think I spent the first two months of the year working up to where I am now, where I've hardly had a completely free week-night evening for the past three weeks! I am always working to maintain an attitude that "Busy is not bad." Too quickly I default into busy --> stressful, when really, I am thankful for fun things happening, and good friends that keep me occupied nearly all the time.
It terms of goals (and, everything, really) it was a good month!
(You can read the full post about my resolutions [monthly goals] for the year here.)
- I took a trip home to California, and saw nearly my entire family (that's a two-for-one right there!)
- I saw a production of Jekyll & Hyde (three-for-one) and Jessica Lea Mayfield & Seth Avett Sing Elliott Smith (a friend invited me to this show, which I wouldn't have ordinarily thought to go to on my own. Fantastic! Three spectacularly talented artists, loads of new music to check out and they did a cover of "Just Like A Woman", one of my favorite songs of all time. That was a moment for life.)
- My one word motto was discipline. I would say I basically failed at keeping it though. I think the pitfall of this was that it was a little broad, and I can be very lazy. BUT I think I have my word of the month for April already. And I'm gonna DO IT, DANGIT!
- I hosted dinner for some friends to celebrate Hunter's birthday (I'm counting this for this goal), with all of his favorite things: poppyseed chicken casserole, roasted veggies (that I have been craving every day) and strawberry cake!
- I checked out and started Shirley Temple's autobiography, Child Star (don't ask me how I think of these books I want to read!) I haven't finished it. I didn't read a book this month. I haven't read a book so far this year, but I've slightly tweaked this resolution to be satisfied if I read 12 books this year. So, either way you look at it- I have WORK to do!
- I think I wrote three letters and two wedding cards this month. Check and check.
And this isn't one of ^ these goals, but still a goal: I purchased two bridesmaids dresses, and a few accessory items, but nothing else! I've avoided purchasing a new Spring wardrobe, so far! (More on this goal that's not really fun, here.)
April will bring: many out-of-town guests (four this weekend, alone!), lots of sunny time outside, some fun Spring outfits, and hopefully some peace of mind. Happy almost April, all!