I literally cannot help but make vest puns for titles everytime I wear this vest. Proof? Here. Also, I'm kinda embarrassed by how similar these two outfits are...I guess this would be the summer version.
necklace- from Mom, brooch- Mom's, vest- Local Honey, dress- Crossroads, boots- Old Navy
This outfit felt perfect for the omgfall(!) weather we've been having. When I bought this vest for $5 at my favorite vintage store in Nashville, Local Honey, the owner of the shop mused "I love vests like this over like, a tank dress, in between seasons." and I feel like a dork for using that as inspiration again (and exclusively, I should add), but sheeee wasss soooo right!
Other outfit details: I haven't taken this necklace off for the past few days, and I haven't worn it this much since high school. As I recall, my mom bought it at a jewelry show and I eventually stole it from her. As for the bunny brooch, I found it at her parent's house in Finland and refurbished it (glue-gunned a safety pin to the back). I love both of these little things and they remind me of my mom.
And speaking of the woman, she texted me the other day and said "Enjoyed your last two blogs, especially yesterday's really made me laugh :)" which just warms my heart! Shout-out to you mom, the best lady in the land!
Here's what's really been on my mind lately; comprising a list called:
"Things I Can Do When I Get A Job."
1. Sign up for the acting class I audited.
2. Buy a curling wand/motorcycle jacket/polka dot blouse from Target
3. Go home for Thanksgiving/Christmas.
4. Shop at Trader Joe's > Kroger (as much as I love my gas points).
5. Get my nails done!
6. Buy a "student wax package" (I'll let that one explain itself).
7. Split rent comfortably with just Shel/Clyde.
8. Become a member at a yoga studio.
9. Get Beach Boys concert tickets!!! (lesbihonest, I may do this regardless)
10. Probably go on a shopping spree (but from like, Forever 21. With a few items from J.Crew. Business casual is not going to dress itself!)
11. Take weekend trips to Charleston, Boston, Florida, New Orleans
12. Buy an Origami Owl necklace.
I'll leave you with that, because I'm on my way to work and then ATL to see John Mayer in concert! Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!!