7.19.2013

kayakattack

Happy Friday everyone! I am literally working all weekend, because it seemed like a great time for vacation for everyone else!

That being said, I'm looking back longingly at what was one of my favorite days of this summer yet: kayaking and canoeing along the Harpeth River with some TN friends and some CA friends.
 photo IMG_2559_zps15e3d4f2.jpg

 photo IMG_2558_zpsf0e2730f.jpg
That's correct, Tip-A-Canoe. We didn't actually tip our canoes. 
 photo IMG_2567_zps403f54ca.jpg
 photo IMG_2560_zps5b761f7e.jpg
I didn't work at all the first half of the week, which made it perfect timing for some friends to be in town! With the weather in the 90+ degree range this week, it was so peaceful and so fun to be out on the river. Moments like that make me feel very happy to be in Tennessee.

One of my favorite quotes is, "Forget the box, just think outside." What I love the most about being outdoors is even if you spend hours, or an entire day, doing absolutely nothing, you don't really feel bad about it. Can't say the same about sitting inside.

Kayaking for a day left me feeling a little sore and a lot more tan, but hey, I can't wait to get back out there. Thank you friends for the wonderful day!

And now back to work. Wishing you all a very fun weekend (go outside! For me!!). 
SHARE:

2 comments

joy said...

Sounds like soo much fun! I agree, spending a whole day outside feels so much better than a whole day inside. I haven't been kayaking since last summer. I hope that I can go before this summer ends :)

Larissa said...

Yay. I would love to do some kayaking too! I am sure you had a wonderful time :)
Hope your survived your weekend with all that work :/!?
And thanks for your last comment! Yours are always my favorite ones! They always put a smile on my face :)

Blogger Template by pipdig