6.19.2013

functionally priya

IMG_2327
sunglasses- H&M, t-shirt-India, skirt- thrifted Old Navy, sandals- Blowfish via DSW
IMG_2332
IMG_2326
IMG_2325
I've mentioned before that I have tough guidelines for hairstyles and outfits.
However, nothing could have prepared me for the myriad of adventures that took place in this outfit. 

But first, a few notes on the pieces here:
this t-shirt was a gift I received when I got home, from my Uncle in New Delhi.
And if anyone has questions about whether I love weird t-shirts, you have not read my blog enough.
I thought these sunglasses were pushing it a little until I saw identical ones at Madewell. Case closed.
This skirt was a thrifting find last year-ish, and I definitely like it more in the summer (see winter here!).
All I have to say about these sandals is that Sydney of The Daybook has them so they must be cool.

Ok anyways. I wore this Thursday when I took the train to the city,
preparing to then take the bus to my sister's apartment.
Well, because this is a safe space, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it:
like a complete NEWB I got off the train one stop early. 
Let's all say it together, rookie mistake.

SO, if you're wondering, will an outfit like this hold up walking 3.4 miles through the city,
through the Mission, Tenderloin, Market St. and Pacific Heights districts,
making new friends, keeping the old, navigating, sweating, and walking through who knows what,
the answer is a resounding YES.

Oh, and shout-out to my little bro for taking these pictures (he even picked the spot!) 
SHARE:

4 comments

Elana said...

I LOVE how you made a T-shirt (an awesome one at that) look so stylish! This skirt and the sunglasses are ADORABLE.

Also, I always accidentally get off the freeway one exit early so I kind of know the feeling. I'm bad with directions. I need someone to finally invent a transportation thing that would solve all of my problems.

Once again, come to LA. Right now.

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

You make tshirts always look so chic and stylish!!! That sounds like a loooong walk, but a tleast you were in a comfy outfit! I have no idea how to work the trains either since Panama doesn't have any (yet!). I always let other people figure it out, I'm too prone to getting lost. hehehe.

www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

The Braided Bandit said...

Those sunnies are AMAZING!!! There is an H&M opening in my town this summer so these are going to be the first thing on my wishlist. I also love how well you rock a t-shirt, you look effortlessly cool. Thank you so much for leaving me such sweet feedback on etsy too, I sincerely appreciate it! Happy Friday, I hope you have some fabulous weekend plans!
xo Hannah

Jessica @ Here&Now said...

I love everything about this post! I was totally that NEWB in NYC last month :)
Have you been to the Nashville H&M yet??

xx
Here&Now

Blogger Template by pipdig