2.08.2013

a vested interest

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
vest- Local Honey Nashville, necklace- trade w Amanda, dress- H&M, tights- Amandas? boots- Nashville Flea Market

I couldn't help myself with the vest pun.
Comes with the territory of being a blogger, no? 
Anyway, meet me new vest! 
Probably the best $5 I've ever spent, 
during Local Honey's huge sale a few weekends ago
(Nashvillians: Local Honey. My favorite vintage store). 

Then again I knew I liked it, but wasn't sure how to wear it
Shea Steele, the owner, rang up my stuff and said she loved it over a tank dress
Bingo! 
Sub tank dress for real dress. 

Things that are making me happiest as of late:
random incidents that make today feel special.
And not like, another day in the never-ending cycle of days
i.e. buying steak from a door-to-door salesman
Mr. Wizard the cat unrolling toilet paper 
lunch with my best friend 
a "get well soon" email from a teacher
a handmade card, complete with Princess sillyband (difficult to sleep in) 
letting each of my brothers know I love them on National Brother's Day (yesterday!)

Working again all weekend, but I think it's gonna be cloudy and cold so that's alright. 
Happy Friday to everyone! 
SHARE:

8 comments

Jessica said...

I love the look. That jacket is amazing. I have the same owl necklace!!!

Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Elana said...

This vest is way too cute, plus it looks crazy comfy which is always a plus. I wish I could vintage shopping in Nashville with you! Also, you guys have door-to-door salesmen who sell steak?!

Hannah said...

Meet my vest, meet my vest...

(Simpsons? Anyone...anyone?)

Anyway, I adore the vest! It looks so cozy. It's making me think I should invest in a long sweater vest. I have plenty of cardigans but I have how the sleeves get all weird if you're wearing a t-shirt underneath. Vest = problem solved!

- Hannah
she could be a pharmer in those clothes

Larissa said...

That looks great! I don't have a vest but now that I see it on you I think I should maybe get one... makes the whole outfit so much more interesting!

xx

Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

Love that vest pretty lady! I used to go to local honey when it was on Belmont, but then I thought that it moved... but looks like I need to track it down again!
xx

Here&Now
Enter My Lendperk Giveaway (Only a few hours left!)

coe said...

I looooove that vest. I still haven't worn it since I borrowed it... I couldn't figure out what to wear it with, but now I know! Just a simple dress. You are adorable and I love you and your blog so very much.

xoxo.

Katherine said...

I love your owl necklace - and that vest is adorable - and you got it at such a steal!

Alexa said...

this vest is super cute and i love the way you wore it! also your boots are sooo amazing <3 love love love em. that owl necklace is adorable...i want it! haha hope youre having a great Monday Priya

Alexa <3
http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

Blogger Template by pipdig