8.15.2012

The Liebster!

   Well guys, I'm officially a big deal. Ali W. (who, by the way is adorable. Check her out!) was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award!


   What is the Liebster Award, you ask? It's "for blogs that have 200 followers or less. The word 'Liebster' is German for kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, valued, cute, pleasant, endearing, and welcome." Well yay, thank you Ali!
   So here's what I have to do:
1. Post 11 things about myself.
2. Answer Ali's questions, create 11 new questions.
3. Choose 11 bloggers, link them to this post.
4. Visit their blog and award them with The Liebster!
5. Follow the Awarder, and visit at least 3 nominees.
6. Not tag anybody back. 

Seems simple enough! Here are 11 things about me (I feel like I just did this):
1. My secret confession: I am 5'1 and 3/4" but I round up to 5'2". Even on my driver's license. Is this illegal? 
2. I LOVE musicals. When I was in 5th grade, I played "Billy" the duckling in HONK! An adaptation of The Ugly Duckling. Probably my most fabulous role to date.
3. I have a massive sweet tooth + a weakness for bake sales = a deadly combination.
4. I'm a firm believer that every genre of music is appropriate at some time. That being said, I honestly love all types of music. Right now I'm listening to Stevie Wonder radio on Spotify. LOVE me some oldies.
5. Some of my favorite things to wear: ballet flats, polka dots, hearts, skirts & dresses, my lulu pants.
6. I was a voracious reader when I was younger (and still try to be). I loved reading The Babysitter's Club, anything about Mary-Kate and Ashely (come on, we all did), anything by Judy Blume or Caroline B. Cooney, and also some random historical fiction. 
7. I LOVE to write. Regardless of whether I'm actually good at it or not. Both making up stuff, and the physical action of writing. I've been keeping a journal on and off my whole life, but very consistently through high school, and it's only gotten worse.
8. I also love lists of any kind. Including this one, because it's about me, duh.
9. More about me as a child, I have pretty much looked exactly the same since probably...elementary school? I didn't really have an awkward phase (unless, maybe it's still going on now?!) but people always think I'm in high school. Whatever.
10. I have a terrible habit of interrupting people/laughing at my own jokes/being overly theatrical.
11. I used to play Monopoly by myself (when I was little. Not like, last year.) for the love of the game, and no one would play with me! Also I don't think I could actually read...pretty sure I awarded myself a lot of money.

Here's Ali's questions for me:
1. Your favorite place to go in the world is:
San Francisco. 
2. Something weird about you that most people don’t know:
My pinkies are crooked.
3. Something you collected when you were little:
Stickers! In a sticker book, sheets in a little case, on my notebooks, etc.
4. If you could visit anywhere in the world, you would go to:
Switzerland.
5. Your perfect day would include:
A long walk with perfect weather outside.
6. The most embarrassing moment of your life:
Probably the time I let some undergarments fly out of my bag at cross-country practice in High School. 
7. Cooking or baking:
I am better at: baking. I wish I could: cook.
8. Biggest pet peeve:
When people are inconsiderate.
9. Something you LOVED as a kid:
Paper dolls.
10. Your favorite item of clothing at the moment:
Neon pink t-shirt.
11. What you always do before you go to sleep:
Stretch my back, usually crack it (tmi, sorry). 

Here's 11 new questions for the winners:

1. What's your go-to item to wear when you're feeling uninspired?
2. What's the first concert you ever went to?
3. Who's your favorite person in your family, at the moment?
4. If you could have studied anything else in school, what would it be?
5. If you were stranded on a desert island, where would you want it to be?
6. Where's your favorite place to eat?
7. What was your favorite movie as a kid?
8. If you could give yourself a nickname, what would it be?
9. What is your first memory?
10. What is something you are irrationally afraid of?
11. What was your first job?

Here are 11 blogs you should absolutely check out!


Well that was actually pretty fun! Keep these awards coming people. Now go do it! Seriously, how can you resist a face like this?
SHARE:

14 comments

Alissa said...

Aw! Thanks for nominating me! I completely will be posting it tomorrow!

Priya said...

Yay I am so glad! I can't wait to read it! Thanks for coming by Alissa!

Cara said...

Thanks for the nomination Priya! I'm also 5'1 and 3/4" so I round up too :D Babysitter's Club was the best when we were little!

Alexa said...

thanks for nominating me!! i'm on it right now!

Alexa <3
http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

Nataly said...

Uhm, can I just say you're the best!!! you + elana + me need to have like a california meet up at solvang and be cute bloggers and such (wishing this was like facebook and I could tag elana so she knows I'm talking about her hehe)

Karen said...

Awwwww, I feel so honored. I'll be working on it tout de suite -- just as soon as my apartment complex solves this spotty internet access situation.

Priya said...

You're welcome! And glad I'm not the only one :) looking forward to reading yours!

Elana said...

Man, I really need to finally do this now, don't I? Thank you so much, you are the best as usual! And OF COURSE I loved reading your answers. I'm going to do this right now, just for you :) Ahaha I love Nataly's comment. Especially because my first reaction was, "I really wish I could like this comment!" Can we please all find a way to hang out asap??

Priya said...

You're welcome & yay! Can't wait to see it Alexa!

Priya said...

Aww stoppp it, you're the best. And YES for real, next time I'm in CA, we will make it happen! That would be so amazing!!

Priya said...

Yes! Can't wait to read it Karen!

Priya said...

You're welcome! Glad you decided to accept :) I'll be home for Thanksgiving...we could make that happen!

Tea Journal said...

Thanks for nominating me, girl! I loved reading your answers to the questions. I'll be posting mine this week! Also, loving that photo at the end :)

Priya said...

Aww Steph I'm glad you liked it, and thanks :) looking forward to reading yours as well!

Blogger Template by pipdig