1.04.2016

2015: What I Wore

Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I've been in vacation mode nearly since my last post; and literally from the 22nd until the 1st, when I returned from spending the holidays with family in Finland. Obviously more on that later, 

but for now, I have some catching up to do!


So, how about 2015? More like, how about 2015 is over?? 

I love doing outfit re-cap posts (2013 // 2014). Not only are they a good way to see my "style map", they're very indicative of both the normal and notable moments over the year. Isn't that what makes blogging worthwhile, and what you wore, significant? 

Here are my favorite outfits from 2015, by month:
Wore152
Wore153
Wore154
And here's why each of them made the cut (with links to full posts!)

JanuaryMad in Plaid | Perhaps my favorite personal pattern mixing of all time. Plus bf jeans for Winter. *applause emoji*
FebruaryPuppy Love | Probably the definition of my style. Classic silhouette, made up of color and graphic print. 
MarchPost-Bach Brunch | I love that I wore this after a bachelorette party, and this is seriously my favorite t-shirt. 
April: Cherry Blossoms? Elementary! | Gingerly saying that this might be my favorite outfit of the year for every reason! 
May: Oh, jeans | My favorite jeans of the year + favorite shoes + a sweet but neglected thrifted top. 
June: Lemonade | Another older vintage find I hadn't worn in a while, PERFECT for this (life gave us lemons) date night. 
July: Money in the Bank | Don't ever let me get rid of this red skirt, ok? Color-blocking was a trend I really got into this year. 
August: Sisters Who Crop | Another sweet memory- family in town for the weekend, and Carina gave me this top! 
September: Coral + Cargo | Again gingerly, maybe runner-up for an ultimate favorite this year.  Dressy casual is my jam!
October: Game On. | A casual/slightly grungy deviant of my usual style that I loved. Also excited to wear a pin! 
November: That's a Wrap! | Cozy layering with a few favorite pieces, on a weekend spent with my little bro. (Packing list.)
December: Holiday Faves | A (conveniently, festive!) 'fit comprised of what might be my fav items in my closet right now. 


I may or may not have just re-read each of those posts as I linked them. It's been a great year! My best blogging advice is seriously: if you feel uninspired, or like you want to quit blogging- just go back and read some of your old stuff. Works every time (for journaling too!)

Now, I don't always love what I wear, but I really like each of these outfits. I don't know that I can pick an favorite favorite of the year. Can you just tell me what to think? 

After creating and looking back at this collage, I'm pretty pleased at where 2015 took my style. I can definitely say I moved toward some neutrals, and love classic silhouettes; but I must have color or print (or both!) to feel like myself. 

Blogger disclaimer: I spend plenty of time in running shorts, leggings, and sweats like any normal person. But I'm glad that the outfits that have made it on my blog are real outfits, that I put together and actually wore, and felt very comfortable and like myself in. 

Pick your favorite perfectly Priya outfit of the year, and let me know in the comments!
Also, if you've done any "best of" lists for 2015, I'd love to check them out!

Be back real soon to finish up last year, and with some new goodies! I hope your year is off to a fantastic start, and as always, THANKS for being a part of mine <3.  
SHARE:

10 comments

nicole s. said...

you have the best color combos ALWAYS.

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

This is a fantastic recap! The outfit from January is my absolutely favorite! I highly suggest you wear red near your face more often. The scarf highlights your lipstick so beautifully. More red on top! I like your suggestion about reading old posts when you're feeling burnt out. I just love having an outlet to show my outfits. Even if I quit blogging, I'd still use Instagram--showing off my outfits is the only reason I put in an effort most days! Looking forward to more posts next year :)

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

Love all of your outfits! Each one is so cute! Can't wait to see your 2016 outfits!
~Sara

Meghan @ Hayes Days said...

I personally love April. All the colors are so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love all your outfits Priya! So colourful and chic. I think my favourite is July from the ones you've selected above, (fro some reason the last couple months aren't loading properly). Won't let you get rid of the skirt haha! xx

Priya said...

:D thanks, Nicole!

Priya said...

I agree, I really like keeping a record of my outfits. Thank you, Lauren!!

Priya said...

Thanks! That was such a simple outfit that I loved.

Larissa said...

What a nice review! I usually also make these kinds of reviews but this year somehow I did not feel like. Now that I see yours I think maybe I should do one anyway... lets see. I love the looks you picked from each month. I think December and July are my favs :)
Happy new year to you dear Priya : )
Xx
Larissa
cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

Kristian said...

These are cute outfits- and yes, rereading blog posts can definitely inspire. It is kinda nice to have a recollection, I think, a record of past years.

Blogger Template by pipdig