12.08.2015

Packing List: For a Long Weekend {Fall Edition}

Seems like I'm always packing for a long weekend away! A few weeks ago, Hunter and I spent the weekend in North Carolina, hanging with my younger brother Amir. I made a similar trip around the same time last year, and knew it would be a showcase for perfect Fall weather (& outfits!)

Let's take a look at what I packed:
packingFallweekend
not pictured: undergarments, workout outfit, toiletries (*also* sorry these pictures kinda suck. It's just so DARK!)

I was actually excited to put together a mini-Fall-capsule, featuring the best parts of Fall fashion: booties, sweaters, flannels, and leggings. Weather was slated to be bright but cool, and I knew there'd be some relaxed/athletic hanging around, as well as a night out, and church on Sunday. There was also a road-trip component of the trip to keep in mind!
IMG_9829
H&M silky button-up, Urban Outfitters plaid button-up, Scooby Doo graphic tee

This full outfit post has somewhat of a love letter about this striped H&M blouse. All I seem to be wearing these days is a combo of leggings + a blouse (for better or for worse...) and I bought this one specifically with that in mind. It's perfect for a night-out, without much thought otherwise. The flannel was selected to wear with a skirt to church, for the ride back, (and possibly for hanging around on Saturday.) Finally, meet my favorite t-shirt, unironically. I may lose all fashion blogger cred (that I have?!) but it's really comfortable, always makes me happy, and makes me think of Tuppy (who I stole it from.)
IMG_9838
Gap Factory purple leggings, Zella black leggings, Old Navy floral skirt

Guys, here's my dilemma right now: I'm having trouble wearing real pants. That aren't leggings. Recently I realized I was constantly schlepping around in my sweats from college; and wearing my Zella leggings too often, so I bought a FEW more pairs at Gap Factory. And now I'm really struggling to wear anything else. This purple pair ^ IS my life. The Zellas make for the most comfortable night out. And I brought a skirt because I realized I had a problem.
IMG_9816
leather jacket from Carina, Express wrap sweater from Lauren

Funny story about this leather jacket: I don't know where it came from. I mean, I got it from Carina, but that's all we really know. Someone left it in her car. It's a great "bomber style" that I don't already have, and it layers so well over a silk blouse. This wrap sweater was sent to me by the wonderful Lauren, and I lived in it all weekend! Maximum cozy.
IMG_9845
J.Crew statement necklace (gift), lip crayon via Birchbox, headband from Michael's, Kate Spade crossbody

Not a fantastic show of accessories here, folks! Obviously I didn't put much thought into it. I wore the same earrings, simple necklace, and watch all weekend, and just used the statement necklace for our evening out. I was excited to try out this lip crayon because I had just received it in my Birchbox! The color is a fantastic bright red, and it's super easy to apply (wearing it in this post.) I guess I never mentioned that I got this crossbody purse at the Kate Spade outlet recently. I love that it's neutral AND metallic. I've been using it pretty regularly. 
IMG_9811
Target booties, Mizuno trainers, sparkly Toms

Shoes are always hard to narrow down. I planned to wear the booties pretty much the whole weekend (I've been living in them anyway, so, fine with me!) I never leave my house without trainers, and naturally we went on a run and kicked around on campus. I wore the Toms (which I've had forever and have never made it on my blog!) for the trip there and back, and to the basketball game.  
fallweekendpacking

Here are the outfits I wore over the weekend, using the items above! I figured you didn't need a full post of my ridiculous road-trip outfit (even a little embarrassed sharing this here...if you see me on the road, say hello!) 

In my packing tips post, I finally wrote down the why behind taking time to pack smart: to better enjoy my trips, instead of feeling anxious because I'm not prepared.

Since then, I ask myself a few simple questions after a trip, to gauge whether my packing capsule was a success:
  • Did I like what I wore? I really did. The wrap sweater over the skirt was an idea, and I loved how it turned out!
  • Did I feel prepared? Yup. I borrowed a Davidson tee for the game, but otherwise had exactly what I needed.
  • Did living out of a bag detract from the experience? Nope! Having what I needed helped us go go go!

So then I say: hi-fives all around! This packing list was a success. What are your tips for packing successfully?


Check out the rest of my packing lists:

See also:
SHARE:

2 comments

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

Love seeing what you packed. Also you came up with 3 great outfit with the item you took.

http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

You're always going on weekend trips and you're outfits are always on point, so you clearly know what you're doing when you're packing for trips! I feel like I always over pack or under pack!
~Sara
Sincerely, Sara

Blogger Template by pipdig