11.18.2015

Layered Weekend


IMG_9699
IMG_9700
| sweater: gift (Canada) | dress: gift (ASOS) | socks: Target | boots: Frye via Amazon |

HI! These are the first moments I've had this week (Wednesday morning) to get this post together (Monday's outfit + last weekend's update.) So I guess things have been pretty busy around here. How's everyone doing out in the blogosphere and otherwise? Big plans for next week??

I wore this outfit Monday to work, and then to a surprise party for Chony, who turned 11. She got a bunch of makeup-type stuff and was gleeful about it- remember being that way when you were 11?

I know I just wore this dress and said it was the last time for the season. Then I remembered I've been wanting to wear it with a sweater, "jumper-style." I know I've seen a look like this on a blog or somewhere and loved it. Normally, I would say the dress & sweater are too close but not exact in color, but I dunno, aren't colorblocked neutrals in or something? I liked it. But now I've really put this dress away with my Summer clothes, so now I promise you won't see it until next year!
IMG_9693
Quick pic of my dapper photographer, who put together a pretty nice looking outfit for himself <3

And now for some shenanigans from last weekend (hopefully these are still relevant!)IMG_6143
 Friday: dinner & dancing in 12 South with Lauren + Kyle, our cute friends IMG_6154 
Saturday: "puppet shows", Fraggle Rock, & general hangs with MC + L, (could you die at how cute??)IMG_6163 
Sunday: Katie & Matt got engaged! CONGRATS you two!! I completely set them up at this wedding.

That sums up things for now, and I would love to blog again soon. But no promises. 
SHARE:

5 comments

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

congrats to you friends. I say you you love something keep on wearing it.

http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

The sweater and dress totally work! The dress is so pretty! I love the socks too - such a cute touch!

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

Haha, that picture with you and the little girls made me smile! So cute!
~Sara

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

You set up your friends and now they're engaged?? Wow way to go Priya the matchmaker! This is a cute and unexpected combo! You're making me think about how to layer under my dresses... style challenge accepted!

Priya said...

Haha thanks. Every now and then it works out! Would love to see your sweater under dress combo!

Blogger Template by pipdig