8.21.2015

Oh, swap!

IMG_9209_zpspwus8iyjIMG_9198_zpsfvx1i7sk
| blouse: F21 via Kelley | skirt: F21 via Carina | wedges: Bakers | watch: c/o JORD | bangles: gift (Target) |

Last week, I enjoyed two of the most glorious words in the english language: clothing swap. (Close seconds- Beyoncè Knowles. Donut day. Long weekend.)

Some gals at work threw together a clothing swap, and being on my way back from CA, I didn't have my stuff together, and didn't bring anything. I thought it was only fair that I didn't grab anything too, but I helped coordinate, and when everyone had made their rounds...

Fate intervened and I snagged this beautiful top, straight from work friend Kelley! She laughed at me and said "you're cute because you will swim in that" but I said, the over-sized the better, and with a little tucking/scrunching magic, here we are! 

When I went home last, I spent one night at Carina's, and though she had recently gotten rid of a giveaway bag (yeah, I gave her a really hard time about that), she had a few carefully curated items set aside for me. One of them being this skirt! I've wanted one like it forever, and it was too big for her (bummer!) It's really perfect.

I wore this last weekend for Andrea's bridal shower. As the "master of ceremonies", I needed a well put-together and moderately comfortable outfit, that would also command attention, as I had three games to lead and no mic! Oh yeah, here's what the jaw-dropping cake looked like. 
IMG_9138_zpsbpny1jyy
Ain't she cute? Her bachelorette party is next, we're heading to Charleston, SC one week from today!

In the meantime, I've got Coren, Marisol, and Carina joining me in town today for the weekend! The weather in Nashville is pretty much perfect, I've got a new skirt on, and we're having hot chicken for dinner! Oh happy day!! Tomorrow we've got a boat rented for the day, can't wait!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, thanks for reading, and I'll be back with you soon! 
SHARE:

6 comments

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

Seriously seriously gorgeous Priya! Despite being oversized (honestly didn't even notice), it looks lovely on you! Plus lucking out on that skirt just makes it that much better! Love love love everything about this!

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

Love your skirt. It always nice to get hand me downs.

http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

reshma said...

I just purchased a skirt similar to this one last month, but ended up having to return it due to the fit. You're definitely making me wish I had kept it. You look fabulous in this outfit. I love the color of the top and can't tell at all that it's oversized. The color works really well with your skin tone and highlights in your hair!

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous dainty skirt!! Love the pastel top too - perfect spring-time outfit. :D

Priya said...

I've been wanting lacy looking shorts/a skirt forever! I couldn't believe my luck when I got this one. Thank you Reshma!

Priya said...

thanks thanks thanks Lauren :) I felt pretty good about how this one came together.

Blogger Template by pipdig