7.07.2015

rain, white, & blue

IMG_8612IMG_8616IMG_8611IMG_8620IMG_8609
| headband: from Jenae | dress: gift from Katie (ASOS) | boots: Hunter via Piperlime | 

Hi! I hope your July 4th memories are not long gone from your mind, so that this outfit is still relevant. It was honestly kinda a bummer of a holiday in Nashville. It stormed on and off all day, I insisted on swimming and grilling anyway, and subsequently was really cold. Though we went downtown for the biggest firework show in the country, it rained through the whole thing, and by the end of the show, the sky was so full of smoke and clouds that we couldn't see a THING (fireworks, the Nashville skyline, nothing!) 

So though it didn't really feel like a quintessential July 4th- mid-Summer, sunny skies, perfect pool party- I can't complain about a long weekend that included house parties, cheese dogs, a friend back in town, and cleaning my apartment from top to bottom (because I'm a little crazy.) 

One of the silly things on my Summer bucket list was a fun patriotic ensemble for the 4th. For some reason (I blame this, mostly) I did not have my stuff together last week, so this outfit was kinda thrown together...but I'm not mad about how it turned out! 

My dearest darlingest Katie gave me this dress as a birthday gift when I was home, and I've been wearing it non-stop! It's the white sundress I never knew I needed until it arrived in my life. Thank you Katie for the most perfect presents! I'll keep marching on with this absurd no-clothing-purchases goal, so long as I have amazing friends who know me better than I know myself (and give great gifts :)

I definitely had other shoes in mind to complete this outfit, but the rainboots ended up being clutch, as it rained through the fireworks (that we walked to.) And though the yellow is not super patriotic, I love the way the boots look with the sundress! This might end up being my favorite rainy day outfit, adding or subtracting a sweater, seasonally. 


I hope you all had a lovely holiday! Any fun or crazy stories to share? I was green with jealousy looking at all my California friend's pictures from the day. Hope the sun found you wherever you were! 

Over & out, for now! 
SHARE:

11 comments

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

You look seriously adorable in this outfit. I'm so sorry to hear you couldn't even see the fireworks after waiting in the rain for them!! It rained here too but luckily it was only our daily summer afternoon storm that passes after an hour. I'm glad the rest of the weekend was nice though!

Larissa said...

This is the cutest look ever! How cool you are too combine your yellow boots with this cute Summer dress and a headband. I love it Priya!
Hope you are doing wonderful and enjoying Summer :)!
xx
Larissa
http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

reshma said...

I second Lauren and Larissa... You look so freaking adorable and cute in this outfit! These are two of my favorite colors... White and yellow! Those rain boots would cheer me up on any gloomy rainy day! Sorry to hear you didn't get to see fireworks but atleast you still had other fun things going on this weekend as well! :)

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

such an adorable outfit. That's a bummer your 4th got rained out.

http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

Priya said...

Lauren! Hi!! Thanks :)

Priya said...

Thank you Larissa!

Priya said...

You are so sweet, thanks! While the rain was not ideal, I look for any opportunity to wear my Hunter boots!

Manhattan Image and Style said...

I love this look and your style sweetie! What a beautiful blog!

I invite you to check out my blog. I am a life coach and every Monday, I post life coaching tips on all areas of life. I would love to see you there! <3

Diana Bryant

www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com – Blog

www.DianaBryant.com – Web

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

You are seriously the cutest!! Love those awesome yellow rainboots! I like how your outfit is a subtle nod to the 4th with a hint of red, white, and blue!
~Sara

Danielle Wallace said...

You look stunning in these photos Priya!! My 4th of July was kind of a bummer too. Stormed on and off here, but lucky me was cooped inside at work all day. :( At least you looked cute!

lisa said...

This is such a cute look! Bright yellow rain boots seem perfect for perking up rainy days. I love rain in the summer because the sundress/boot combo is so fun :)

Blogger Template by pipdig