6.16.2015

Weekend Update: TN lovin'

 photo weekendupdate1TNlovin_zps9nbpi7ya.jpg

I just had the best weekend I've had in a long time. Yes, I love traveling and having visitors; but there's something to be said about a spectacular weekend that takes place right where you live currently, with the people that make up your daily life. I felt really, really happy to be in Nashville, which- I normally do, but I also miss California a lot. So I enjoy these warm TN fuzzies.

I spent a good chunk of last week putting together a happy hour for our new employees on Friday afternoon. I even bought balloons and Doritos so yeah, it was a rager. What's happening in this picture is that our nametags had a spot for our name AND spirit animal, and Kelley listed "Priya" as her spirit animal <3 <3 <3 <3

Friday night our friend Mike Yang threw a little soiree (Go Warriors!) that culminated with very late Waffle House with a new high school Huntee friend that I hadn't met before! I really love meeting his high school friends. I also really love blueberry waffles, covered hashbrowns, and raisin toast (insert my remix to Rihanna's "All I See Is Signs" aptly titled "All I Eat is Carbs.")

So Saturday I was mostly useless. Though I did have a great #BBG workout, in an almost empty YMCA, Huntee & I babysat for the most adorable twins, ate tacos, and started Season 3 of OITNB. Not a total waste.

Sunday was literally the most perfect Tennessee day. I slept in, picked up kayaks from our friend Dave's sweet parents, and spent a few hours on the Harpeth. The very best thing. In that picture, there is a mini cooler that I picked out at Target bungee-d right behind my seat. My dream come true.

Then Huntee, his roommate Matt, and I decided to try and get tickets for CMA fest that night- I had never been! Well, it worked out! The lineup was great; we saw Darius Rucker, Eric Church, Keith Urban, and Brad Paisley.

I honestly can't believe how much we packed in the day, and the weekend as a whole, and I'm still paying for it- it's been non-stop since. But, I'm telling myself to not be a whiny baby and just enjoy it. It was a Tennessee weekend for the books. 
SHARE:

3 comments

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

glad you had a great time. Hope you are having a great week.

http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

Danielle Wallace said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! I've always wanted to trying kayaking and we have it right here in my city so I really need to!

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

I am more than halfway through with OITNB. Nothing too shocking this season but I still enjoy the characters. It sounds like you had a wonderful Nashville weekend :D I missed seeing what's up in your life! Sorry I'm so far behind!

Blogger Template by pipdig