5.26.2015

Weekend Update: Florimorial Weeken'

 photo fmorial1_zpsztaz6zes.jpg
 photo fmorial2_zpsc9fcjafr.jpg
{clockwise} #starbuckslovers, the gang at gallery night in Pensacola, literal paradise, dressed up for dinner in NOLA, Peanut on Rue Chartres in the Quarter, a really great neon sign that welcomes you to Pensacola Beach

I'm always missing my siblings when I'm not with them. I've mentioned on here before how we always do things in "combinations", because my family is rarely all together. So this past weekend, we had Carina, who flew out from SF and drove down to Florida with me (where Sundar is), and Coren, who had flown out from LA. We make it work!

One of my resolutions for the year was to go on a trip every month. In my mind, it has really been "try to see a new place every month." I don't think I've technically done that yet this year, until now!

As we were driving down to FL, Carina was taking in the South, and checking new states off her list, and commenting on how awesome it was that I could drive to so many different cities. We got to talking, and I mentioned how many there were that I still hadn't visited, most notably New Orleans. All it took was for her to say "Well...let's just go!" And that's how we ended up there on Sunday afternoon, and driving from NOLA --> TN yesterday. Three cheers for spontaneity, wanderlust, new cities, and a fantastic adventure buddy to do it with!

We had a really lovely few days in FL first; celebrating Sundar's belated birthday with a bunch of his buddies, hanging in downtown Pensacola, my champion lunch of Gatorade and a shrimp cocktail, making quick work of a base tan on the beach, grilling fresh seafood from Joe Patti's, whilst watching Pitch Perfect and then going to see Pitch Perfect 2 (Sundar's idea! No sarcasm!) Love loved getting to hang with my older brothers, especially Coren, whom I don't get to see very often!

New Orleans was really, really neat and I can't wait to go back! I was dazzled by the French Quarter, which is the opposite of glamorous really, but I loooooved all the old buildings. Pretentious as it sounds, I can't get over a city that is steeped in history like that. Above is not a great picture of the cramped streets of the Quarter, I did get some on my camera that I can share later.

And Peanut was a gem of a road-trip buddy, thanks for asking. She said, "You're just using me for my unlimited data." Pretty much, yeah ;) she kept me giggling, indulged me in my pop culture conversation topics, and handed me my alternating Chick-fil-a sauces as I dunked my sandwich. Yes, all necessary requirements of my road-trippin first mate.

I hope you had a fabulous start to the Summer! It's here! It's hereeeeee
SHARE:

4 comments

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

sounds like you had an amazing time. I would love to see the french quarters one day.

http://www.amysfashionblog.com/

reshma said...

I have yet to visit New Orleans... sounds like you had a perfect weekend with your brothers.. makes me want to hop on the next flight to go visit my sister!

Danielle Wallace said...

Sounds like y'all had such a good time! New Orleans is really fascinating. Even though I've been a million times, I still love to go and look at the gorgeous old architecture and people watch (the BEST thing to do while there). What all did y'all actually do in NOLA?

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

I'm a bit jealous of all your travelling. Going to all these new places with family is wonderful! I love how your InStyle has your girl Mindy on it!

Blogger Template by pipdig