9.18.2014

Little Friday Sweater Gypsy

I'm not quite sure how this week escaped me the way it has. But, wouldn't you know it, we're back at little Friday again ["little Friday" is my new thing: here in corporate America, we live by those familiar, recurring pleasantries that encourage us throughout the week. My co-worker taught me it last week! It's not Thursday, it's little Friday.] So, regardless of how the went turned out, happy little Friday one & all!
 photo IMG_6318_zps3aebb8ab.jpg
 photo IMG_6296_zpsaa674e6a.jpg
| earrings: from Belize | necklace: Tiffany's | sweater: secondhand from Shel | t-shirt: Madewell | belt: borrowed from Hunter | skirt: from India | clogs: Old Navy | sunglasses: H&M |

Still not jumping the gun about the changing of the seasons, but the weather this week has been amazing. This past Sunday, the morning had the slightest chill, so naturally I reached for my biggest, coziest sweater. It is a absolute GEM of a hand-me-down that I lived in last Winter, and sure have missed! I didn't get to keep the sweater on all day, but the the temporary cozy had me all excited for what's to come.
 photo IMG_6304_zps6d9d245d.jpg
It's also that part of the season where I desperately try to wear anything that hasn't made it out of my closet yet. This skirt hasn't seen the light of day since last time, and while an "ethnic maxi" is great for Summer, I love it a little grunged up for the start of Fall. 
 photo IMG_6298_zps1a02aea9.jpg
Also, consider this part two of a series called "This outfit is a little bit hippie, but I actually love it." Though you could argue this is a little more "gypsy". I had to be careful with the proportions so that I didn't look like a total gypsy, but from the front, with the belt around the waist, I think it turned out just fine. And at least what I envisioned it would be in my head. 
 photo IMG_6320_zps4e759c8f.jpg
I wore this to church last Sunday, but only for a few hours. Can't wait to break it out again.

I guess I'll call it for today, that's enough rambling for now. Thanks for reading and once again, enjoy your little Friday. It comes but once a week! 
SHARE:

5 comments

Alysia Avé said...

I love this outfit! The pattern of your skirt is simply gorgeous and the whole thing just oozes comfy effortless chic. Winning!

Alysia Ave

Isabella said...

This is such an international outfit! The colors in the skirt work really well for late summer/early fall. "Little Friday" is a cute term :) Have a great weekend!

~Isabella
adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi 

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

That sweater looks so so so cozy! I can just imagine you wearing this on cold nights with hot chocolate. And now I want hot chocolate lol!
~Sara

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

You look adorable Priya! That sweater looks super cozy! The color is gorgeous too, such a cheerful sweater when it's cold. I've never heard of "Little Friday" but I like it!

Ashley said...

Ooooh I love this outfit! It is the perfect fall transitional outfit. I am kind of jealous of the fact that you could throw on a sweater. So ready for cozy sweater weather!

Blogger Template by pipdig