12.22.2012

last-minute Christmas jams


inevitably you have things yet to be done before Christmas, and for those things, I present to you: 
The Ultimate Christmas Playlist

For Grinches, Antler-On-Car Enthusiasts, and every elf in between.


1. Christmastime Is Here- Vince Guaraldi Trio: captures the melancholiest elements of the season, straight from Charlie Brown himself.
2. Only Thing I Ever Get For Christmas- Justin Bieber: an original song for a holiday album is always risky, but I think Justin nails it with this soulful look at adolescent romance that culminates at the middle school Mistletoe Dance.
3.  It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas- Michael Buble: a purely gold take on a classic that has managed to not get annoying. Arguably the best part of this cover is when he says “tahhhhys in every store” (that’s Canadian for “toys”).
4. We Wish You A Merry Christmas- Weezer: this is what it would be like if you celebrated Christmas in your garage. Really makes you want to have a Christmas that rocks, because Weezer said so.
5. Last Christmas- Wham! The best version of this song, ever. I will fight you on this one.
6. Little Drummer Boy- Justin Bieber: well done Biebs, appearing twice on this list. But seriously, “pa-ruh-pa-pu-pu-u-u-m” has never sounded so good. Ludacris also helps this nominee.
7. Blue Christmas- Elvis: if and when I star in a class Christmas movie, this will be in it. I just can’t help myself.
8. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- Mariah Carey: thanks to a Mariah-worshipping housemate (looking at you, Em) I have nearly the complete Mariah Carey Christmas album, and in my opinion this is the best track. Because, no, I am not picking All I Want For Christmas Is You, I think we’ve all had enough of that one.
9. O Holy Night- Celine Dion: I like to imagine that I sound like this when I sing this song in church. Don’t tell me otherwise.
10. Michael’s Christmas Greeting- Michael Buble: this is the last track on his Christmas album, and if you don’t know what I’m talking about, you should definitely look it up.

Any tracks I'm missing on there?
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig