9.05.2012

scheming jargon

   I like to make-up words and casually insert them in conversation. Am I the only one that does this? To keep track of my brilliant (ha) ideas, I of course, have a page in my "list journal",

Words I Have Invented:
1. schelp- one who is sloppy (Editor's Note: yeah, definitely didn't invent this one. I've seen it in a few magazines.)
2. mugician- someone who is a very talented musician, almost magic like
3. foof- a whimsical person who seems kinda out of it
4. slippy- a cuter derivative of the word "slippery"
5. decessorize- when you take off all your accessories
6. ungood- feeling not bad, but not good either
7. whelmed- stressed, but not to the point of being overwhelmed (see "contentedly busy")
8. statriotic- being very proud of your state of origin
9. studdle- to studying while cuddling
10. snerk- that terrible sound people make when they have a cold and no Kleenex
11. schmoozing- being overly obnoxiously nice with a hidden motive, i.e. making tips
12. relationshit- a bad relationship
13. phonestalgia- the weird feeling you get when you pick up a phone you used to have
14. preunion- bonding time with people you soon be close to, i.e. contra dancing with the housies

If you want to make my whole life, use one of these words in a sentence and let me know? That would be delightful.

On the note of my never-ending woeful life (dramatic), a shorter list of things I did last night instead of studying for my Physics test:
1. Watched Keeping Up With The Kardashians
2. Watched The Mindy Project (oh. my. gosh. This is the perfect story of my life.)
3. Ate cookie dough. 
4. Made Hunter hug me.
Yes I get very crafty to avoid studying, man I missed that guilty feeling over the summer, NOT. 

A shout-out to two of my favorite girls, Rachel & Meredith, who are now across the pond in Scotland and Vienna! I'm jealous, stay tuned for me vicariously enjoying their adventures on my blog.
SHARE:

14 comments

The Dragonfruit said...

Hmmm, I hope to studdle one day here in the future ;) Haha, that's so awesome, I like the words you've made up! I can see myself using a lot of them...

Trendy Teal

Priya said...

That's the best part, because they're all from real-life situations! Studdling is the best :) Thanks!

Katherine said...

i love the words you made up! my husband and i do the same thing - it's brilliant to keep a list of them! we have a word 'floof' so when i saw 'foof' in your list i thought that was funny. a 'floof' is a small hair ponytail that sticks straight up from the forehead. lolz. and ugh - studying! the worst! i dont miss that

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Priya said...

Thank you Katherine!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one, you two should totally start a dictionary! Floof, totally makes sense! Good one! Thanks for your comment!

Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

you are too cute my dear! I love all of your words... and I think I should engage in some studdling tonight :)
xx
Here&Now

Priya said...

Thanks Jessica :) and trust me, it makes studying bearable and almost enjoyable!

TheTinyHeart said...

Haha what a cute post! For the longest time my husband thought "fradrance" was a word instead of "fragrance", haha!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Win a Mint Green Statement Necklace!

Priya said...

Thanks! That is too funny, Hunter is confused sometimes about brand names and band names. But we love 'em!

Clara Turbay said...

Excellent suggestions whenever I visit your blog.

Priya said...

Thank you Clara!

Alexa said...

aww i love this post! haha so cute and those words are definitely dictionary-worthy haha :) sounds like a great night can't beat kardashians and cookie dough! love the pic btw :) too cute

Alexa <3
http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

Rachel Morrison said...

Literary genius. Love you pripap!

Priya said...

RAYMO! Are you alive?! Send me your address! Oh wait, let me just head over and read your blog!

Priya said...

Thank you Alexa! I'm so glad you appreciate my made-up words and don't think I'm stupid for it!

Blogger Template by pipdig